The Official Evans County Website
Evans County Voter Registrar’s Office
Barbara J. Rountree, Chief Registrar
P.O. Box 652
Claxton, GA 30417-0652
Summary of the Department:
- Evans County Registrar’s Office is located in Suite #10 in the Courthouse Annex on Freeman Street.
- Business hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Registers eligible voters and maintains all records of registered voters pertaining to their designated districts and voting precincts fro City and County elections.
- Issues absentee ballots and conducts Early Voting for each election.
- Office is supervised by the Board of Registrars, which is appointed by the Chief Judge of Superior Court, on a recommendation by the Grand Jury. The Board of Registrars of Evans County includes Barbara Rountree, Chief Registrar, Louise Wilkerson, and Mamie Lou Tucker.
- Wanda Moseley, Tax Commissioner, serves as Deputy Registrar in the absence of the Chief Registrar. She is located in Suite #4 of the Courthouse Annex.